- Attended the IABC Canada West Region Dare 2 Lead leadership conference in Regina, SK 🌟 and connected with fellow Board members and Executives from across the region's Chapter. #creatingconnections #weleadIABC
- Our global Public Affairs team got together in Vancouver for a week of media training 💯 and ran a social media drill with Teekay's executive team.
- Kicked off the planning for the upcoming 2018/19 Gift of Communications program 🎁
- Launched the refreshed teekay.com! 📢 Huge shoutout to Lillian Chow for spearheading this beast of a project and our whole team for making this happen. It's been a long time comin' and worth the wait.
- Started reading The Startup Way, Eric Ries, about how modern companies use entrepreneurial management to transform Culture and drive long-term growth📕
- Produced office videos for two of Teekay's Norwegian offices used in a recruitment campaign. Take a look! Welcome to Stavanger and Trondheim 📽️
- Lead a series of personal branding workshops, helping colleagues present themselves authentically online and sparking ideas about how they can use avenues such as LinkedIn for Business Development ✨
- Attended IABC/BC 6th annual Signature Storytelling event and listened to stories about overcoming Imposter Syndrome 🤡
- Hosted IABC/BC first Certification exam sitting of 2018. Our Chapter now has one more globally-certified Communications Management Professional (CMP)! 📜
- Read The Lean Startup, Eric Ries, about how today's entrepreneurs use continuous innovation to create radically successful businesses 📕
- Launched the newly designed skill-based, peer-to-peer Mentorship program at IABC/BC ✨
- Attended an Oculus focus group/research session and nerded out about emerging technologies and business use cases 🤓
- Skied a Black Diamond for the first time in my life! ⛷️
Learning to ski as an adult (who’s not entirely sports inclined) has been hard. Fear sucks. But hard work and perseverance pays off. And the moment I said “fuck it” and jumped over the edge and onto the slope was exhilarating. I want to remember this moment forever.
- Read Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale... a dystopian "fiction" that's frighteningly close to reality 📕
- Helped shape Teekay's Digital Transformation strategy for the next 3+ years over the course of an intensive 3-day session 🙌 👩💼
- Volunteered at the Vancouver Food Bank, packing go-bags and sorting through donations 🤝
- Completed the Leadership Circle Profile Assessment to better understand my creative competencies, reactive tendencies and personality to help me on my journey to leadership development 📈
- Attended IABC/BC's "Go for the Gold" event: a case study panel of BC’s award-winning communications work
- Volunteered at Covenant House, helping them sort through piles and piles of donations 🤝
- Attended a Search Engine Marketing Fundamentals workshop at Brainstation 🎒
- Read Thrive, Ariana Huffington, about the third metric to redefining success and creating a happier life 📕